Saturday 6 October 2012

Minifigs Aureola Rococo Spirits And Wizard ARW5 Wizard Of Goodness

Bonus post this time round! I stumbled across a posting featuring some fantastic figure painting here:


- and I thought I would try the same technique with an old Minifigs sculpt I had lying around waiting to be passed on to a certain auction site:
Minifigs were one of the earliest fantasy miniature manufacturers, and they weren't very well sculpted or detailed. However, I was very pleased with the way that the figure turned out using the same technique - black primer, then a light sand coloured spray at approx 60 degrees angle, then a white spray from the same angle, followed by base colours thinly applied, washes and highlights. And it is quick - the figure you can see took about 45 mins to apply!

I'm going to be experimenting with the same technique for future posts to the blog; if they don't work out, then back to the tried and trusted approach...

No comments:

Post a Comment