Sunday, 18 May 2014

Grenadier Fantasy Lords 500 series Classics 532 Iron Golem



As soon as this came out of the Lead Mountain I thought WOW – what a great figure! This is a serious piece of metal, both in size and detail – I’ve posted a picture of a Grenadier Wood Elf druid next to it, and later Grenadier Elf figures were a decent size, but this simply dwarfs it (if you can ever dwarf an Elf… interesting idea ;))

The figure itself was a joy to paint – I used gray car primer as the base coat, then a coat of Army Painters Dark Tone all over, followed by lots and lots of highlighting with silver. The base is simply modelling sand.



I think this is a stunning figure – everything about it, the detail, the pose, just works. Imagine your party of adventurers wandering around a wizard’s treasure room and then finding this chappie guarding it! This is one of the best Grenadier figures cast IMHO. 

Very pleased with the way this turned out!

3 comments:

  1. It is a very nice golem. I didn't know this model, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure - again, its another figure I've not seen painted up before. Glad that it came out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right, out of all your 70's/80's figures so far, THIS is the best one to date.

    Combined with your excellent painting, he really stands out from the rest of the rabble.

    ReplyDelete